Bài tập used to là một trong những dạng bài tập quan trọng trong ngữ pháp tiếng Anh. Tài liệu tuyển tập các dạng bài tập used to môn tiếng Anh.
Thông qua tài liệu này giúp các em nâng cao chất lượng học môn tiếng Anh. Bên cạnh đó các em tham khảo thêm: Bài tập viết lại câu thì hiện tại hoàn thành, Bài tập thì tương lai đơn và tương lai gần Tiếng Anh. Nội dung chi tiết mời các bạn cùng tham khảo trong bài viết dưới đây.
|Khẳng định (+)||S||used||to V|
|Phủ định (-)||S||did||not||use||to V|
|Nghi vấn (?)||Did||S||use||to V?|
Cấu trúc used to hay cấu trúc used to V được sử dụng để nói về một thói quen, hành động, sự kiện hoặc trạng thái đã từng xảy ra trong quá khứ và không còn xảy ra trong hiện tại nữa. Đôi khi nó được dùng để nhấn mạnh về sự khác biệt giữa hiện thực và quá khứ.
Khẳng định (+):
He used to be a long distance runner when he was young_ Anh ấy đã từng là vận động viên chạy bền hồi còn trẻ.
There used to be a cinema here_ Ở đây từng có một rạp chiếu phim
Phủ định (-):
I didn’t use to go swimming_ Trước kia tôi không thường đi bơi
She didn’t use to drink that much coffee_Trước kia cô ấy không uống nhiều cafe như vậy
Nghi vấn (?):
Did he use to smoke?_ Trước kia anh ta có hút thuốc không?
Did you use to eat meat before becoming a vegetarian?_ Trước khi trở thành người ăn chay thì bạn có ăn thịt không?
Bài 1: Complete the senten ces with use(d) to + a suitable verb.
1. Diane don’t travel much now. She a lot, but she prefers to stay at home these days.
2. Liz …. a motorbike,but last year she sold it and bought a car.
3. We came to live in London a few years ago. We …. in Leeds
4. I rarely eat ice-cream now, but I …. it when I was a child.
5. Jim …. my best friend, but we aren’t good friend any longer.
6. It only takes me about 40 minutes to get to work now that the new road is open. It …. more than an hour.
7. There …. a hotel near the airport, but it closed a long time ago.
8. When you lived in New York, …. to the theatre very often?
Bài 2: Matt changed his life style. He stopped doing some things and started doing other things: | studying hard He stopped | going to bed early | running three miles every morning | sleeping late He started | going out in the evening | spending a lot of money
Write sentences about Matt with used to and didn’t use to
Bài 3: Compare what Marry said five years ago and what she says today:
Five years ago
I travel a lot
I’m a hotel receptionist.
I’ve got lots of friends
I play the piano.
I’m very lazy
I never read newspaper.
I don’t like chese
I don’t drink tea
I go to a lot of parties
I’ve got a dog
I eat lots of cheese now
My dog died two years ago
I work very hard these days.
I read a newspaper every day now
I don’t know many people these days
I haven’t been to a party for ages
I work in a bookshop now
I haven’t played the piano for years
Tea’s great! I like it now
I don’t go away much these days
Now write sentences about how Karen has changed. Use used to/didn’t use to/never used to in the first part of your sentences.
2. She used ………. but ……….
3. ………………. but ……….
4. ………………. but ……….
5. ………………. but ……….
6. ………………. but ……….
7. ………………. but ……….
8. ………………. but ……….
9. ………………. but ……….
10. ……………… but ……….
2. used to have
3. used to live
4. used to eat
5. used to be
6. used to take
7. used to be
8. used to use to go
He used to go to bed early
He didn’t use to go out in the evening
He used to run three miles every morning
He didn’t use to spend much money
She used to have a lot of friends, but she doesn’t know many people these days.
She used to be very lazy, but she works very hard these days.
She didn’t use to like cheese, but she eats lots of cheese now.
She used to be a hotel receptionist, but she works in a bookshop now.
She used to play piano, but she hasn’t played the piano for years
She never used to read newspapers, but she reads a newspaper everyday now.
She didn’t use to drink tea, but she likes it now.
She used to have a dog, but it died two years ago.
She used to go to a lot of parties, but she hasn’t been to a party for ages.
Bài 1: Chia động từ trong ngoặc:
1. When I was a child, I used _________ (dream) of being an astronaut.
2. I’m terribly nervous. I’m not used ___________ (speak) to a large audience.
3. It took us ages to get used _________ (live) in an apartment house.
4. Lots of trains used ___________ (stop) here, but not many do now.
5. Didn’t Nick use _________ (work) on a building site?
6. I’ll have an orange juice, please. I’m not used ___________ (drink) alcohol.
7. David doesn’t seem to mind being in hospital. I suppose he’s got used _________ (be) there.
8. When Laura was at college, she used ____________ (have) a picture of Elvis Presley on her bedroom wall.
9. There used __________ (be) a cinema here but it was knocked down a few years ago.
10. When she arrived in Britain, she wasn’t used __________ (drive) on the left, but she soon got used to it.
Bài 2: Viết lại câu, sử dụng used to hoặc didn’t use to
1. When I was a child, I used to dream (dream) of being an astronaut.
2. I’m terribly nervous. I’m not used to speaking (speak) to a large audience.
3. It took us ages to get used to living (live) in an apartment house.
4. Lots of trains used to stop (stop) here, but not many do now.
5. Didn’t Nick use to work (work) on a building site?
6. I’ll have an orange juice, please. I’m not used drinking (drink) alcohol.
7. David doesn’t seem to mind being in hospital. I suppose he’s got used to being (be) there.
8. When Laura was at college, she used to have (have) a picture of Elvis Presley on her bedroom wall.
9. There used to be (be) a cinema here but it was knocked down a few years ago.
10. When she arrived in Britain, she wasn’t used driving (drive) on the left, but she soon got used to it.